Types and parts of pressure control valves
Parts of pressure control valve
Generally speaking there are two important parts of pressure control valve. These are explained as under:
- Valve is the first part which allows the fluid flow through it. It is that part which also varies the flow magnitude.
- The controller is the other part. It signals the valve to increase or decrease the sizing Technically speaking valve operates under the commands or signals which are generated by the controller.
- As per some experts the actuator is the third part of the pressure control valve. The opening and closing of the valve are controlled by this part.
Types of pressure control valves
As the manufacturers flood the market with pressure control valves there are many types which can be purchased. Some of these are mentioned as under for clarification in a better manner:
- Globe valve
Flow regulation in a pipeline is controlled by globe valve. There are two openings of this valve that are separated by a baffle. The disk on the top is rotated to regulate the flow manually if they are being used for home. As the disk is moved the rings inside slide down and completely or partially stop the fluid or water flow. Industrial globe valves are embedded with a long pipe. This is installed between the baffle and the disk. The industrial type also comes with the actuator to control the fluid flow and maintain the hydraulic pressure.
- Butterfly valve
There is a large disk installed to control the fluid flow using butterfly valve. There are several advantages of using this valve. Some of them are:
- These valves support instant shut off. This means that when installing to any hydraulic system it allows resource saving.
- Among all types of valves this one has the lowest cost and therefore it is used in a number of industries including hydraulic power stations and cement factories.
- As compared to other types this one is very light in weight. It therefore does not require any special equipment for installation neither it requires special installation arrangements.
- Ball valve
It is the most common type of valve that is used in industrial applications. It is also one of the most used valves for home piping and fluid control. A hollow ball is used to control the fluid that is passing through the pipes. When the ball hole is in line with the flow the valve is considered open. The handle at the top allows the closing of the valve manually. Most industrial shut-off and control applications use this valve. They are very reliable in nature and therefore remain in the best form even after long disuse periods.
Depending upon the use and equipment in the industry any of the above-mentioned valves can be used. There are other types of valves as well which can fulfill the purpose such as gate valve, piston valve, hydrogen valve and pinch valve. The working of valve greatly depends upon materials that are used to make them. Normally valves are made up of titanium, chrome, bronze and brass.
Tags : industrial equipment